Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor(s) wont Initialize

• Please log in to reply

slimpyman

slimpyman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey fellow americans. Good nite to all. anyways, Im quite upset as this is the first problem I have run into that literally made me ticked off. Anyways, here we go. My system specs.

512 ram
733 p3
32mb riva tnt2 agp

I had this going earlier this week, but it seems the problem gradually faded into view. When I power up the PC, (I assume it passes POST, cause it beeps and you can hear all the startup sounds) its acts as if the monitor dont detect a signal (power light just flashes on and off). I tried a different monitor, and it still wont initialize (one monitor has that no signal detected when the 15 pin vga isnt plugged into anything). I dont have onboard video unfortunately, but I tried my friends 4x/8x agp geforce 5200 in my motherboard, and yet, it still wouldnt initialize.
Now the weird part! I tried 2 different power supplies, and didnt remedy the problem. I made sure there wasnt any loose screws that could be causing the problem in the case. So I bring in my friends old Motherboard, (used to work, just having problems with the Ram) to use for testing purposes. I attmpt to boot it up with the vga cord plugged in, and now that PC will not initialize the monitor!!! frustrating. I wanted to try my videocard in that motherboard, but [bleep], the onboard video of that motherboard wouldnt initialize the monitor! so I couldnt go into BIOS to disable the onboard video!
Well this is generally the problem as you can see. 1 main system... and Wont initialize either monitor i tried. The monitors work because I tested them on other PCs. I try making sure the plug is in snug in the back, and it dont matter. If theres any further questions that could lead to someone solving this problem, ill answer asap. and thanks in advance. help. id appreciate it. :-)

BTW< i swapped and swapped nearly every device possible RAM, HD, power supply, and no luckl

Advertisements