Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSSQL & Adobe

• Please log in to reply

carrieant

carrieant

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm afraid I may be suffering from a few issues, but this is the one I need your help with. My computer just keeps turning off. I may be infected, and I'm looking into that, but I have noticed a peculiarity in my Event Viewer that I think is trouble. It seems that everytime my computer shuts off there are 2 events in the viewer in quick progression. 1) Adobe Active File MOnitor has started and then shortly thereafter an MSSQL error that reads thusly...

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Date: 8/27/2005
Time: 12:37:57 PM
User: N/A
Computer: THOMPSON
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFTBCM ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

I paused the Active File monitor to try and do some scans, it turned itself back on. I can't decipher if I'm having a system issue or an infection issue (I run a pretty tight ship, but there are always holes, sadly) or both. Can you give me any insight? Thank you.

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Well for one, is there a reason you're using MSSQL?

I'd scan for malware just to be safe. Also, you may want to try reinstalling MSSQL and Adobe.

carrieant

carrieant

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
To be honest, I didn't know I WAS using MSSQL until I started looking into the event viewer. I can't finish a virus scan or a Spybot scan without the computer shutting down, however I posted a Hijackthis log in the Gladiator Security Forum and they tell me that the log is clean. I can figure out how to reinstall Adobe, how do I reinstall MSSQL? From the system disk?

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok, if you can't finish a scan, then it sounds like malware to me.

You're probally going to need to boot into safe mode, or boot up onto a live cd and mount your windows partition.

I don't think hijack this finds everything, so it's atleast worth a try before reinstalling things.

carrieant

carrieant

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well I got into safe mode and checked with Spybot...clean. I couldn't use my NOrton Internet Security in safe mode, don't know why. Also used a Microsoft tool to remove any of the recent malware items (Zolob, Bagle, etc.) Also clean. It really seems to be systemic. I've checked the white papers with Microsoft and while they mention the 19011 Event ID, there's no mention of this particular issue. I am using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager which seems to be associated with this MSSQL event.

Any other ideas? By the way, I realize I'm posting in the wrong forum (this is the one I had bookmarked from another issue) Should I move myself out of here and into the Windows XP forum? :tazz: