Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook2002 send/receive email problem

• Please log in to reply

tomt2

tomt2

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Two days ago, after we had a problem with our DSL I started having the following problems with Outlook. Two additional computers run wirelessly off the same router and modem w/o issues. My incoming server is Yahoo and I can access the new messages on the internet. Outgoing server is my phone company.

1. When sending/receiving email I get an error message: Sending and Receiving reported error (0x8004060c) unknown error 0x8004060c
2. Outgoing emails appear to stay in my outbox but do get sent, multiple times. Probably at least every time I hit "send/receive". I cannot delete them without holding "shift+delete". Right clicking and deleting will not work.
3. Cannot move emails from my inbox to folders.

Have bypassed the router and gone directly thru the modem, "Live Updated" Norton, turned off Norton, tried the "detect and repair" feature on Outlook and nothing seems to work. Checked all settings and everything seems to be OK.

Please advise if you have any ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've spent considerable time trying to troubleshoot to no avail.

Thanks! :tazz:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Have you tried using the OfficeXP cd and running the repair option from there??

Murray

tomt2

tomt2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Murray:

Thank you very much for the reply. Yes, I have tried that and the results are the same. I thought you may be on to something.

I have also gone back and restored the computer to a time before the trouble started, ran the "detect and repair" feature in Outlook and am still experiencing the problem.

This is so frustrating.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
All I can suggest is to delete and then re-create the account..

See if that does the trick!!

Murray

tomt2

tomt2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Murray!

Eureka! Believe it or not, the problem was that the .pst file was too large!

None of the error messages I received ever indicated that this was an issue.

I had even gone in and deleted a bunch of old emails and contacts in hopes that if there was a problem it would open up space.

The only indication I got that the file was too large was when I tried to creat a new contact. Then, I got a notice.

I never saw anything indicating how to change the file to accomodate more data or anything when I searched the Microsoft site. Of course, I wasn't looking for it either since the error messages didn't steer me in this direction.

Apparently if you reach capacity you need to open a lot of space for it to work again.

We ended up creating another .pst file and moving a large amount of data into it and that seemed to do the trick.

I wish to thank you for your input. By the time I fixed this I had 311 incoming emails!

outlook_express

outlook_express

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been using it. outlook express email problems and outlook express recovery tool more stable and secure than other programs.