Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Card Reader is messed up

• Please log in to reply

greggumz

greggumz

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Eariler this week I installed an Ipod and itunes on my computer. I tried installing USB 2.0 drivers that came with my motherboard cd, and none of my usb componets worked right. So i unstalled the drivers and my keyboard and mouse and other things started wroking again. The next day i tried using my card reader that is hooked up to my internal USB pins on the mother board. The card loads, I can go through the folders just fine, but when i go to open a folder full of pictrues, the window freezes. Then i get a message that reads

The specified I/O operation on \Device\harddisk2/dr3 ws not completed before time out period.

If I click try again, it says insert disk into drive G, or something like that. It could be a number of things, The Itunes, the USB drivers, a messed up card reader, maybe the card.

I have uninstalled the readers drivers and they automaticlly re install, didn't fix it, I pulled it off of the pins and put it back on, still didnt fix it, anyone please help me with this.

Advertisements

greggumz

greggumz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
bump

greggumz

greggumz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
anyone?

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
hey, not to sure on this one but a few things to try would be to try devices in another pc if possible to ensure they work correctly and get updated usb 2 drivers because if u have a earlier motherboard featuring usb2 then maybe drivers slightly buggy or if you are running service pack 2 maybe not designed for it so id try finding the latest ones. get back to me and let me know how it goes and post more imfo on board exception so i can find additional imfo if neccacery.