Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moosoft, The Cleaner

• Please log in to reply

ksmall1998

ksmall1998

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I see many replies to posts mentioning the trogan scan from moosoft. What about the actual product? Is the Cleaner a program that one should have?

I currently run ZA pro, Mcafee 9, and Spybot. Is a program like the cleaner.....one that should be added to the arsenal?

Thanks

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi ksmall1998,

Please read: http://www.wilders.o...nti_trojans.htm

Regards,

Pieter

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We've recommended The Cleaner from Moosoft for a long time. It has worked very well, but we've been less than impressed it's results lately, and are currently evaluating alternatives. I'm certain we'll soon be recommending another solution.

IMO, you should have an antivirus program installed, and updated often (automatically preferred), keep Windows up-to-date (again automatic updates recommended), and have either a software or hardware firewall installed. If you've done this you chances of getting infected with a trojan are very small, and you shouldn't need an additional anti-trojan program.

ksmall1998

ksmall1998

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the posts. I just found this site and it looks like I may be lurking around awhile. ph34r.gif

Lots of good and helpful information.

Metallica - the link seems to be dated. Do they update the info often?

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Hi ksmall1998, as well as here on these pages the link is very useful to learn a bit more. :tazz: