Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD and COD:united offensive errors

• Please log in to reply

Panzy_Killer

Panzy_Killer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
everytime i try to play COD on single player an error that says the number of guns allowed is 63 but it found 78 and it wont let me do anything. i can only play multiplayer. i even reinstalled it but then it just brought all of my saved games and that error back up. same thing with united offensive except the error says:
Max ammo mismatch for "bar" ammo:'bar_mp" set it to 200, but "30cal" already set it to 300. plz help if u can.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
remove everything but the stock maps. make sure you have all the patches installed.

Panzy_Killer

Panzy_Killer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
everything and stock maps meaning? not all that computer smart when it comes to this kinda stuff. n just got the game yesterday =/

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you applied the patches?

these are the only pk3 files you should have if you have call of duty: united offensive:

localized_english_pakuo00.pk3
localized_english_pakuo01.pk3
localized_english_pakuo02.pk3
pakuo00.pk3
pakuo01.pk3
pakuo02.pk3
pakuo03.pk3
pakuo04.pk3
pakuo05.pk3
pakuo06.pk3
pakuo07.pk3
zzzz_uomappack00.pk3

for just cod you should have localized 0-5
and pak0-pak9 and maybe a paka and pakb.

are you using any weapons mods?
weapons ammo sizes are set in the pk3,so it looks like you may have a bad mod,although it usually reverts back to default.
if you are using a mod,attach it to your post so it can be looked at. you can just rename a file from .pk3 to just .pk so you can test and make sure it works. and you can always ask.

Panzy_Killer

Panzy_Killer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well though that should help ure confusing me and my head hurts now. and i dont think im using a mod? i went to mods on multiplayer n i think i double clicked it. but then i clicked back on cod multiplayer mod or w/e n stuff iono im just confused but ill take a look at all those files n see if i can make some since of it. o and waht do u mean applied the patches? i can play on multiplayer if tha tmeans i have?

Edited by Panzy_Killer, 27 August 2005 - 10:47 PM.

Panzy_Killer

Panzy_Killer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
omg starjax what were u thinking... because it was brilliant! thx so much im so glad i found this site and im so glad u can breath! thank you thank you thank you. wish i could repay u :tazz: well cya round thx again