Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBOX SETUP

• Please log in to reply

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
need help quick... whats better for hosting on xbox live through a LInksys wrt54g router... automatic configuration or DMZ with static ip..... this is for speed reasons... dont care about security right now

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would set it in dmz and let autoconfig take card of it. you might need to port foward,

this is the info for the ports: Xbox Live tcp 3074 udp 88,3074

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
the router access page under "Applications and Gaming" and "Port Range Forward"asks for the following information:

Application:________

Start: _____ to End: ______

Protocol: tcp or udp

IP Address: 192.168.1._____

Enable or Disable

what should i input for this

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
application: xbox

start: 3074 end: 3074

protocol tcp

ip address: the adress that your xbox obtains> there is a status screen for ip info on the router that you can use to look it up.

enable

save changes

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Thanks Starjax.... i was only able to notice a small difference when hosting with 10 gamers or less... anything over that and i experienced the same intermittent skipping... upgraded to the fastest tier on my internet service today: 5MB downstream and 728Kb upstream.... woohooo big difference now.... hosting now with 15 other gamers plus myself and i have no skipping, no lagging... runnin smooth...

If your ever online with XBox Live playing Ghost Recon Summit Strike or Halo 2 Join me....For Lag free No skip play. [same gamertag as my name on here: spacecowboy706]

Thanks, again.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
glad to help.... however I don't an xbox. strictly a pc gamer.... lol

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
I will be a PC gamer very soon.. see my thread on "building my own Pc" if you have any input or ideas on that topic...