Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help about OHIC Compliant IEEE 1394...

• Please log in to reply

angelslacker

angelslacker

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
OHIC Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

^ What is this?

whenever i open my computer it always say:

Found New Hardware
OHIC Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

then it hangs-up... now i can't use my pc... HELP!!!

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Thats your firewire controller. I assume that you haven't installed a PCI firewire card, and so the controller will be integrated into the motheboard.

There should be a way of disabling this, either in the bios or on the motherboard itself.
To get into the bios, reboot or power on the system. As soon as your monitor LED turns from amber to green, press the DEL key repeatedly. This should get you into the bios.
Once in there, look for any settings relating to IEEE 1394 or firewire & disable them.

If there aren't any in the bios, then it will probably need to be done by moving a jumper on the motheboard. Do you know the make/model of your motherboard?

angelslacker

angelslacker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok, thanks a lot.