Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serious problem, please help

• Please log in to reply

adammj420

adammj420

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i uninstalled my nvidia drivers through add/remove hardware, i was trying to fix that gsm problem i posted before and now my computer wont boot up, even in safe mode. any help??

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the F8 key until you get set up options, check through to enable onboard graphics

This is for system restore but it may not improve things if you uninstalled the drivers

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;304449

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
well when I tap f8 it just brings me to a similiar menu with different options, i tried all the options. they get to the windows screen and it doesnt have the loading bar and just restarts.. is my computer screwed? or do i need to call a tech out here to help me.. im scared!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry about that one :tazz:

You need to boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, then look for onboard graphics

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
:tazz: k ill try that

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
where exactly is this? i need more descriptive advice.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC, keep tapping the delete key until you get set up, then you will have a number of screens, look through them until you see onboard graphics, change to use onboard graphics then press F10 to save and exit, type Y to confirm then reboot

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
There isnt an onboard graphics.. in advanced, integrated periphreals there was a few onboard options but couldnt seem to find a onboard graphics option. any other ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try system restore

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;304449

Then here if you need to for repair, last in list, Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
how can i system restore? my computer wont get past the windows loading screen. and i cant enter safe mode..

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go with the repair then

It will leave data and programmes alone, make sure you use Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
ok i reboot my comp with the xp cd in the disc drive and the same screen pops up with safe mode etc.. i tried with my silicon image host adapter device driver FOR WINDOWS XP/ 2000/ NT4/ 9X floppy disk, and it says
NTLDR is missing
PRESS ANY KEY TO RESTART
i press keys it doesnt restart and i take out the floppy hit a key and it restarts. im getting frustrated

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Windows Installation CD - Repair Current Installation: The process begins by booting the system with the XP installation CD. The CD drive must be set as the initial boot device in the computer BIOS. There are a number of different ways to access the BIOS, but pressing Delete on the initial boot screen is one of the most common methods. Watch the boot screen and it normally displays a message with the appropriate key sequence to grant BIOS access.

The boot sequence will continue. Again, watch the screen for a message to appear that the system is looking for a bootable CD ROM. Watch the monitor for the message that the CD has been auto-detected, followed by the “Press any key to boot CD” message. Don’t fall for the old joke about looking for the “Any” key and just hit the spacebar or any other key that’s convenient within the five second time span the message will be displayed.

adammj420

adammj420

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
i read all of that, booted the system with the xp cd, i hit delete a PHEONIX - awardBIOS CMOS setup utility menu pops up, with MAIN, ADVANCED, HARDWARE UTILITIES, EXIT at the top appears i can go through each of them in the advanced there is advanced BIOS, with
BOOT VIRUS PROTECTION [DISABLED]
CPU LEVEL 1 CACHE [ENABLED]
CPU LEVEL 2 CACHE [ENABLED]
QUICK POWER ON SELF TEST [ENABLED]
FIRST BOOT DEVICE [FLOPPY]
SECOND BOOT DEVICE [HDD-0]
THIRD BOOT DEVICE [CD-ROM]
BOOT OTHER DEVICE [ENABLED]
BOOT UP FLOPPY SEEK [ENABLED]
BOOT UP NUMLOCK STATUS [ON]
GATE A20 OPTION [FAST]
TYPEMATIC RATE SETTING [DISABLED]