Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd writer

• Please log in to reply

Justnoww

Justnoww

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
My cd-r writer stop working. I insert a disk, right click to open and it saids to please insert a disk. This is my E drive, but My D drive works just find. I had open the pc to make sure the connection were not loose, and everything seens to check out find. Can anyone please help with this problem thanks

Advertisements

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Were any changes made before it stopped working? Was it able to read that disk before?

Justnoww

Justnoww

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
It was working fine before I had istall service pack 2. Now it sounds like it wants to start playing but than it stop.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
What about bad disks? I've had problems with Memorex and HP disks. I'd go buy another pack of disks to eliminate that possiblility.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Re-reading your post...looks like SP2 is the problem. I would still try a new pack of disks first.....