Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I don't even know where to start Winfixer

• Please log in to reply

freckledcutie

freckledcutie

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have a fairly new computer that has been running like molasses for the past couple of days. I really don't know why, but since it started running slow, I have been getting Winfixer popups. I downloaded AD-Aware and I'm still getting the popups. When it starts running very slow I have to restart it and then I get other error messages like: lsetup.exe, ciceroulwindframe, shellrestart.exe...DLL initialization failed all when I'm trying to shut down...I don't know if this has anything to do with winfixer, but it's driving me crazy...to the point of tears, but we can blame that on PMS. I need help! I don't even know where to start. Thanks!

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I suggest you START HERE and go through the manual fixes on your own and if you are still having problems, then post a hijackthis log in the malware forum

Edited by Jarenien, 28 August 2005 - 08:43 AM.

freckledcutie

freckledcutie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I saw that page because I tend to try and find an answer before I ask a question, but I didn't really "get it". Am I supposed to download and do ALL of those things to try and fix my problem? How much space is that going to take on my computer? I guess I didn't realize that I'd have to download at least a dozen things to fix this problem and thought that those were just some choices of things.

freckledcutie

freckledcutie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Is that what you mean by manual fixes...start going through those options one by one?

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Goto our Malware Forums, and post a HijackThis log there, they deal with all malware problems

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Yes that's what I mean. 70% of users will be able to solve their problems using those steps, but if you are still having problems after you follow those steps, then you would post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum

Edited by Jarenien, 28 August 2005 - 08:54 AM.

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
But read and follow the steps, because some steps you wont need to do, like if you don't have Internet Connectivity problems, then you won't need to download and run the Winsock fix, etc...

freckledcutie

freckledcutie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Okay, I'm trying to do that...I have hijack this on my computer and am following the steps. I saved it in my C drive like they said and then when I click on run it keeps telling me I have it saved in a temp folder and I should fix this before I continue so that back ups will be made. Ummm, I don't know how to put this in a permanent folder.

freckledcutie

freckledcutie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I'm off to follow the steps.