Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer stopped working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hello.

My printer has stopped working after I inserted a new color ink cartridge. Everything goes fine: It turns on, it makes it's usual noises and it loads paper correctly. When I try to print a document however, it does nothing. It says "Printing Document 1" on the monitor, but nothing happens at the printer. :)

Hope anyone can be of assistance to me. I have an HP PSC 1350 "All-In-One" printer. :tazz:

Freddie

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Try cleaning out the print jobs for your printer. If you are using Windows XP, to do this, go to START --> PRINTERS & FAXES. Double click on the name of hte printer that corresponds to the printer you are using. Then in the new window that appears, click File and Cancel All Documents. Then back in the Printer & Faxes window, right click on your printer and select PROPERTIES. Then try and print a TEST PAGE. Where this is located is different for each printer so just look around the tabs until you find a button that you can click that says PRINT TEST PAGE.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I tried printing a test page but with no luck I'm afraid. Nothing happens at all. The printer is turned on, but when trying to print it just "freezes". :tazz:

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
did you clean out the print jobs for the printer like i said?

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I tried everything. Cleaned out the cartridges, alligned them, tried to print a test page but with no luck. I'm sinked. I need to print out a document for tomorrow! Thanks for the help.

Freddie. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Uninstall the printer and re-install

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Uninstall the printer and re-install

View Post

Thanks Keith! That did the trick. My printer now works as usual.

*Very impressed with the assistance*. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know