Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware Blaster [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello there,

Today my Brother changed my operating system from Win ME to XP. I have now downloaded Spyware blaster again but can't protect Mozilla against threats because it says Mozilla/Firefox cannot be detected. I'm sure I managed before the change to protect Mozilla (could be wrong ofcourse - probably am). Is it because I should have both Mozilla and firefox?? (I have the same as I had with Win ME).

Please help, Lindy helpsmilie.gif confused1.gif

Advertisements

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello again,

Sorry but I also meant to ask about DSO exploits. I had one on my computer when I had Win ME but now I have between 3 & 5 depending If I'm on the computer as administrator or limited user. I got rid of the one I had before by deleting 1004 from the registry (that numbers back now). Things seemed to run ok when I did this so will it be safe to do again??

Thanks again, Lindy smile.gif

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi Lindy,

On SpywareBlaster's main screen it will state if Mozilla/Firefox protection is enabled. If the protection is not enabled due to SpywareBlaster not finding the browser, but you have a copy of Mozilla or Firefox installed, be sure to check the following website to see if you have the latest version of the web browser:

Mozilla - http://www.mozilla.org/

Due to changes in the browser, SpywareBlaster will not detect older versions of Firefox. You should consider upgrading for this reason, and also because older versions of Firefox may have potential security vulnerabilities.

If all else fails there is a support forum at Wilders for SpywareBlaster:
http://www.wildersse...isplay.php?f=23

Which program reported the DSO Exploit?

Regards,

Pieter

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Pieter,

Thanks for that. I will look shortly to see what version I have (altho I'm sure it's the latest Mozilla).

The DSO exploits were found when I ran Spybot Search and destroy, (hope this is what you mean).

Thanks again, Lindy :tazz:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

The DSO exploits were found when I ran Spybot Search and destroy, (hope this is what you mean).

Thanks again, Lindy :tazz:

View Post

What I expected.

http://www.safer-net.../en/faq/36.html

Regards,

Pieter

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks for that,

much appreciated

Lindy x

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hello again,

Thanks loads for the information and help given it's really appreciated.

I have Mozilla 1.7.3

The silly thing is, is that when I looked at my Spyware blaster again I could protect Mozilla but yesterday and Friday it was Greyed out so I couldn't use it ;) :tazz: ......Never mind it's ok now, many thanks.

Lindy x :thumbsup:

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Did you update SpywareBlaster ?

There has been a update recently.

Regards,

Pieter

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yes thanks I have updated it.
Funny thing though, when I've updated it on Admins account and my partners account (With Win XP) it worked fine but on my account I had a problem. It said "There is an error getting information from service, the server may be temporarily unavailable (it wasn't) or there may be a concflict with firewall software installed on PC or update information has been corrupted".
I'm a bit daft when it comes to computers so I'm hoping the computer is protected anyway.

Thanks again, Lindy x :tazz: