Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sleep mode but appears to be

• Please log in to reply

AvCheu

AvCheu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Annoying - checked for spyware (SpyBot) and viruses (Panda) and all are clean. When online (DSL) and using, pretty much okay. Download and upload speeds are about right for what I'm paying. System is not set to sleep or hibernate at any time - always on.

The problem:

Whenever I walk away from the cpu for more than 15minutes, it appears to have hibernated and takes over 5minutes to "wake up"

I haven't set it to sleep. I've gone through numerous virus and spyware checks and I'm clean (as best I can be, I suppose). What is causing this? Nothing unusual in the startup - Weather, ZoneAlarm, RealSched, NAV are running. Sometimes NAV auto goes off though.

I usually have Outlook Express open and FireFox. Are they slowing it? But I've noticed the "hibernation" when they are closed, too, so I doubt that.

It's REALLY annoying but haven;t found a fix. Will be reviewing WinXP updates, too. Any ideas?

-A

:) and :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
[Open Power Options in Control Panel
Under System Hibernate, choose Never from the drop-down menu.

AvCheu

AvCheu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, but that's the strange part - it is already set to *not* hibernate.

I can't seem to find out why it tends to go "off."

Any other ideas?