Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Problems

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Whenever I open Windows Media Player 10 it works fine but when i try to play something from th einternet or hard drive it tells me that due to and error windows media player has to close. I have XP on a Dell 4600 PC.

any help is appriciated.
Thanks

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

It would be very helpful if you could tell us what error message you are receiving, which web browser and what kind of video file you are trying to play.

Cheers,
Tom

Whenever I open Windows Media Player 10 it works fine but when i try to play something from th einternet or hard drive it tells me that due to and error windows media player has to close. I have XP on a Dell 4600 PC.

any help is appriciated.
        Thanks

View Post

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
When I try to play any movie type or even streaming internet video (internet explorer) it tells me that...
...Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
Please thell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to us to help improve Windows Media Player. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, CLICK HERE

Edited by 11010110, 29 August 2005 - 08:18 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I just tried to download Real Player and I installed it but it has the same problem as WMP and gives me the same message. I dont know what to do. I need help ASAP.

Anyone with any information at all would be a great help to me right now.
Thanks