Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Problems

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
My Wiondows Media Player wont work so I switched to Divx, wich works great on files that I have downloaded but if I am viewing internet content it always goes to WMP. I was wondering if there was a way to change it so that instead of going to WMP when I click on a video link, that instead it will go directly to Divx.

Any ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

The answer to your question depends heavily on what type of video you are trying to view. If it is streaming video, then you are basically restricted to WMP and RealPlayer. If you can download the video file (a right-click "save as"), you can then play it in a nice opensource media player like Media Player Classic or use your Divx player. What problems are you having with WMP?

Cheers,
Tom

My Wiondows Media Player wont work so I switched to Divx, wich works great on files that I have downloaded but if I am viewing internet content it always goes to WMP. I was wondering if there was a way to change it so that instead of going to WMP when I click on a video link, that instead it will go directly to Divx.

Any ideas would be very helpful.
                Thanks

View Post