Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mac address

• Please log in to reply

mcphee

mcphee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hiya i need help with my mac address as its not correct my motherboard is an asrock k7s41 plz help me :-(

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
hi mcphee, you will find the file that we talked about in Live Chat attached to this post, if you don't ask me in chat how to get it from this post.

Download and save the file to the same folder I had you extract the files form the zip file you downloaded earlier. If it asks if you want to replace the file, click YES. I also want you to change the name of the folder to EE (will be easier to find later.)

now I want you to move the folder containing the three files (ee.exe, ee and readme.doc to your C:\

then you will need to reboot your computer and use the windows xp home cd to get to the recovery console:

REboot your computer and when it asks to 'Press any key to boot from cd..." press a key and it will boot from the cd, if it doesn't, change the boot order in yoru BIOS to boot from cd before hard drive.

Then once you have started booting from the xp disk, follow these instruactions to get to the recovery console:

1.) On the "Windows XP Home" menu, select "R" for repair
2.) as Repair option, select "R" to use the "Recovery Console"
3.) You will be prompted to select the Windows installation to repair (usually just "1" ) Admin password is usually blank so just hit enter
4.) Once at the command promp, you will want to make sure you are in the folder where you stored the files (C:\EE) Just keep typing cd.. and hitting enter until you are at C:\ Once there, type cd EE You should now be at C:\EE. Now all you need to do is type: EE EE.DAT
5.) Shutdown the power. ( You have to pull out the power cord or turn off the power supply)
6.) Reboot the computer

Should be all set then, if you have any problems or questions, reply in here or talk to me in chat.

Attached Files

• Attached File  EE.zip   283bytes   154 downloads

Edited by Jarenien, 28 August 2005 - 08:58 PM.