Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to access hotmail

• Please log in to reply

pedpt50

pedpt50

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I have attempted to use my sister's computer mulitple times when I come up here and I am unable to access certain websites. Most annoying is my hotmail account. I get a statement that specified server can not be found. I have the same operating system (OSX 10.2) and we both have DSL. can anyone help me be able to access my email??

Thanks

Advertisements

Woman

Woman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
I've used public computers that wouldn't access hotmail. I asked a fellow at a local gaming shop about it and he said it sounded like a script problem.

Anyone know what to do?

Amanda

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
In both your cases I would say get the latest version of Internet Explorer, IE6 SP1

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

Baggyboy

Baggyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
pedpt50: You will find that Tyger has inadvertantly directed you to the download page for the Windows version of IE. If you would like to download IE for your own Operating System then visit this link to download the latest version (5.2.3).

Woman: It is highly unlikely that you will be able to download and install Internet Explorer on a public computer. If you require to use public computers for regular email access then possibly register for a new email account from GMail or Yahoo or similar.

There are many alternative sources of free webmail out there. Hotmail can be notoriously tricky to access from public systems due to security restriction in place on the machine your using, such as ActiveX being disabled, etc.

If only MSN would enable a lo-fi version of hotmail for use with non Microsoft/IE compatible browsers. :tazz:

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Baggyboy, 02 September 2005 - 08:16 PM.

Woman

Woman

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
BaggyBoy & Tyger -

Thank you for the help!

/Amanda