Spyware and Aurora problems [CLOSED]
Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:19 PM
Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:29 AM
Please download the following programs, but do not run them yet:
- Unzip it to your desktop.
- Install ewido security suite
- Launch ewido, there should be a big E icon on your desktop, double-click it.
- The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
- The program will now go to the main screen
- You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
- On the left hand side of the main screen click update
- Click on Start
- The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed
- After the updates are installed exit Ewido.
- Install it.
1.) Please double-click rdrivRem.bat to run the program - follow the instructions on the screen. After it's complete, rdriv.txt will be created in the rdrivRem folder.
2.) Double-click the Ewido Security Suite icon to run the program.
- Click on scanner
- Click Complete System Scan
- Let the program scan the machine
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report
- Save the report to your desktop
- Exit Ewido
Set the program up as follows:
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
- Empty Recycle Bins
- Delete Cookies
- Delete Prefetch files
- Cleanup! All Users
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
4.) After computer has restarted continue with the rest of the instructions:
5) Make sure your firewall is on. Make sure you can turn it off then turn it back on and that nothing is greyed out.
Also, Make sure your Anti-Virus program is working properly - you can turn on and off auto-protect, etc.
6.) Run BOTH of these online virus scans (NOT at the same time!):
TrendMicro's HouseCall - check "Auto Clean"
Save the results from ActiveScan.
I need you to post the contents of rdriv.txt, the log from Ewido, the log from ActiveScan, and a new HiJackThis log into this topic.
Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:47 PM
Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:23 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users