Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ayrora [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

m.j.

m.j.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have ads on my computer generated by aurora . I have an "e machine" running windows xp and explorer version 6.

I have as instructed run the following . cleanup,ad-aware.se, cwshredder,ewido, trend housecall,not avg as I have norton antivirus on the machine,trojan hunter and I have microsoft sp2 on the machine.

before running the above I tried to eliminate the "nail" file in windows system 32 ,it just kept coming back when deleted.since performing the above it seems to have dissapeared.

Advertisements

m.j.

m.j.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have ads on my computer generated by aurora . I have an "e machine" running windows xp and explorer version 6.

I have as instructed run the following . cleanup,ad-aware.se, cwshredder,ewido, trend housecall,not avg as I have norton antivirus on the machine,trojan hunter and I have microsoft sp2 on the machine.

before running the above I tried to eliminate the "nail" file in windows system 32 ,it just kept coming back when deleted.since performing the above it seems to have dissapeared.

Now while still getting the ads I am also getting the following

A NEW STARTUP PROGRAMHAS BEEN DETECTED .THIS PROGRAM WILL RUN EACH TIME YOU LOG ON OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER
DO YOU APPROVE THE ADDITION OF THIS PROGRAM STARTUP SETTING PRESS YES IF THE PROGRAM IS EXPECTED AND ACCEPTABLE.

AN UNUSUAL ICON IS SHOWN C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\*******.EXE. r

The above was detected bythe software with the scotty dog

This repeats about once every 2 minutes I always respond no . the "*" are random letters and vary every time it appears .

there are two suspicios entries in the log 023.service system startup 9svcroc0 unknown owner C/WINDOWS/SOCPROC.EXE
AND 04 HKLM..RUN[ENFORCE TRAY OPTIONS ] SSTRAY.EXE. "R"

Being a novice these might well have no bearing on the subject..any help would be appreciated.

should I leave the stems virus adware systems used on my computer or not?Attached File  banner_aurora.bmp   329.94KB   189 downloads

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

Please visit this page and scroll down to Step 5. Follow the instructions there to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log here as a reply to this post.

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.