Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my college troubles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tdats

tdats

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hey guys, i have a little problem with my computer :tazz: it wont boot up :) . I moved to college and had to install a couple things, antivirus and a windows service pack 2. I have a bootleg version of XP and i got i nice message when i tried to dowload it basically saying that i couldnt because i didnt have an authentic version. My hallmate said he had the same problem and he dowloaded a Windows service pack 2 with a cd key and gave it to me, and it worked on his computer. Well we started on mine computer, and then we encountered a problem i didnt have a usbehci file, so my friend went on his comp and put it on a flash drive and tried to install it on mine, no such luck. then windows just restarted (it did this by itself) and it goes to the screen where i need to pick in what mode to start it up, the options are -Safe Mode -Regular Mode -Safe mode with networking -Windows in last known good setting None of these options work basically my computer tries to load, gets to the screen with the options and then once i pick an option or wait 30 secs, it will tried to load windows but then restart and back to the screen i go with the options. Anyone know whats goin on? can help? its much greatly appreciated.

Could i make some setting in the bios? if i can awesomw but i dont know the password :) but ive heard that you can clear the password by pressing some sort of button on your motherboard. Is this true? I have a ABIT A7 i think but will check and post a bit later.

Just a note the service pack 2 DIDNT finish loading fully from the cd, about more than half way.

thanks for giving this thread a look and reading the whole thing (if you did :) )

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I have a bootleg version of XP and i got i nice message when i tried to dowload it basically saying that i couldnt because i didnt have an authentic version.

View Post

Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. No one on this site will be able to help you. We have a VERY strict policy that we do not break. We do not help anyone who does not have a legal copy of Windows. Good luck to you.