Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs are annoying!

• Please log in to reply

mx6driven

mx6driven

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I turn on my compuer so many programs startup in the taskbar, about 15 programs startup which makes my computer super slow. I remember someone teaching me how to turn off those programs from starting up but I forgot. If u guys can help it'd be appreciated

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
mx6driven:

To turn off programs that are starting when your computer stats, you go to START --> RUN and type in: msconfig You then click on the STARTUP tab and uncheck the boxes that you don't want to start up when Windows loads.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT DISABLE ANY OF THESE ITEMS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING! POST THE ITEMS IN THIS TOPIC AND LET THE PROFESSIONALS LET YOU KNOW WHAT SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T BE RUNNING WHEN WINDOWS STARTS UP.

Edited by Jarenien, 29 August 2005 - 08:59 AM.

Dalek

Dalek

• Pip
  • 5 posts

When I turn on my compuer so many programs startup in the taskbar, about 15 programs startup which makes my computer super slow.  I remember someone teaching me how to turn off those programs from starting up but I forgot.  If u guys can help it'd be appreciated

View Post

Hi

If you have Microsoft Antispyware Beta 1 installed you can manage your startup programs through that, MSCONFIG is okay as well, however if you disable then the startup process becomes a selective startup and will prompt for a change each time you boot the PC.

Another useful tool for editing startups is Startups

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
List of startup items
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
http://startup.iamnotageek.com/