Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Popupss at Startup

• Please log in to reply

Adrian04

Adrian04

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
When I startup windows my Zone Alarm client always pops up and thats been happening for a while and recently My Documents folder showed up too. Anyone experience this before? I've run Spybot, Ad Aware, CWShredder, Cleanup and AVG as well as having Spyware protection. Please help. :tazz: :)

Advertisements

Jarenien

Jarenien

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I suggest you START HERE and go through the manual fixes on your own and if you are still having problems, then post a hijackthis log in the malware forum

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

When I startup windows my Zone Alarm client always pops up and thats been happening for a while and recently My Documents folder showed up too. Anyone experience this before? I've run Spybot, Ad Aware, CWShredder, Cleanup and AVG as well as having Spyware protection. Please help. :tazz:  :)

View Post

yeah some times Zone alarm does this, and Avg should do it the go to where the icons are where the clock is <----- hope ya understand this lol

Adrian04

Adrian04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
errrr no i actually dont get what ur saying

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

errrr no i actually dont get what ur saying

View Post

Ok hmm, zone alarm does pop up somtimes when you start your computer and AVG's welcome screen should come up and then close down and AVG should be up by where the clock. (Where the other icons are)

Adrian04

Adrian04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
No after a while Zonealarm always popped up at Startup and the only time my AVG shows up is when its updating. Isnt there some command saying what folders are open at startup?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

No after a while Zonealarm always popped up at Startup and the only time my AVG shows up is when its updating. Isnt there some command saying what folders are open at startup?

View Post

Yes.

Start>Run

Type: msconfig

Click on the Startup Tab

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
My documents pop-up thats normal! My old computer used to do that I assume it is option but I haven't figured that out yet! So it is normal I had it and had no viruses or malware! About ZoneAlarm I personally haven't used it but I know it is good!
RockYIV