Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which PC for £700

• Please log in to reply

aaron2149

aaron2149

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok guys.

i have £700 of my hard earned cash to spend on a PC. I wil be taking it to uni with me. Could you give me some ideas of which system to get. I have looked at MESH, dell & eversham so far.

Cheers

Advertisements

fnark

fnark

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
If you know what your doing, easily the best and cheapest way to get a computer is to build it yourself. Buying seperate parts is cheap, but the drawback is you have to know what your doing to put it together. It might be worthing trying to find someone who can help you do this.
Another really good place for PSU's, cases, mice and keyboards is household recycling centres (also known as the dump). You can occasionly get good hardrives and cd drives there aswell.
Ebay is an excellent place for bits and bobs aswell.
However if you dont want to build your own then try www.ebuyer.co.uk
I'm not too sure about buying new computers ready made, but i think dell are quite good.