and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums
My name is Trevuren
and I will be helping you with your log.
1. If you haven't logged in
go to Geeks to Go
and do so. Then proceed to item a. If you already have logged in
, go directly to item a.
- Click on My Controls at the top right hand corner of the window.
- In the left hand column, click "View Topics"
- If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there
2. Also, while at the My Controls page, check the box to the right of your post
and then scroll down.
.Where it says "unsubscribe"
click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification"
3. Please DELETE your current HJT program from its present location.
4. Download and run the following HijackThis autoinstall program
HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL
to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTERRegards,
- Run HijackThis
- Click SCAN and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')
- POST the log into this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')