Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

p2p sharing programs for music!

• Please log in to reply

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hello,

i want to purchase a p2p sharing program such as limwire or morpheus.

which is a good p2p sharing program that i can use and purchase

any advise

there are many out there and i dont know which one to pick

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Downloading music, or pirating is illegal. And from what I know illegal activities are not supported here.

Call me a hypocrite, or what ever you want, Im just warning you in advance...

My favorite legal p2p client would be Ares. Just stay away from gnutella clients, as they have a reputation for eating up heaps of bandwidth.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
for your info

downloading music is legal if you pay for it
and i am willing to pay for it

so next time get ur facts right

and you seem to know a lot so why arnt u a geek helper

ankush patel

ankush patel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
that picture in the corner of your name

is not supported here

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
An easy, legal, and somewhat cheap solution is to use iTunes. It is avalible from Apple, found HERE. Their store has over 1.5 million songs, and each song costs only $ .99

that picture in the corner of your name is not supported here

You're right, its not supported here. GTG did not make it, and does not edit it.
On the other hand, although I'm not a moderater or admin, I do believe it is allowed, as I could see that walking down the beach or on the TV.
But this is not the place for that matter. If you really don't like an person's avatar, talk to that person. Or if you think it really does violate the ToU, talk to an admin.

And from what I know illegal activities are not supported here.

You're right about that. We do not support cracks, warez, illegal downloading, or anything else that is copyright infringment or software piracy.

I am going to be monitoring this thread, and if it goes south, it will be closed by an admin or moderator.

ankush patel

ankush patel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
but i have read the rules and i have placed this in applications
and that is where is goes

this is not illegal

i am paying 20.00 for the program

itunes doesnt have indian or other culure music

there are many other threads on this site about p2p sharing programs

i dont see anyone else shutting those down

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
If you're paying for the program, then that's good.
Most of my comments from my first post were generalities. I didn't know what music you were looking for, but iTunes is the one I recommend to everyone.
as for closing threads, they get closed on a case by case basis when a member of the staff reports the thread to the admins / mods

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
The legality of downloading music has nothing to do with if you pay for the P2P program, but if you are paying for the copyright to download and listen to the music in question. While there are a few exceptions like Napster where you pay a monthly fee to download music from their service, music downloaded from P2P networks is inherently illegal unless you already own the CD and can use the music file in the realm of fair use.

A couple of legal options that may have a different selection than iTunes is a Russian website, www.allofmp3.com, which as far as I can tell has successfully defended itself from legal actions. Haven't used it, but that is the one I can think of that may offer the music you are looking for.

Also, everyone here is bound by the ToA, so it doesn't help to get snippy or insultive. Otherwise, no one will take their time to help you with your search.

Cheers,
Tom

but i have read the rules and i have placed this in applications
and that is where is goes

this is not illegal

i am paying 20.00 for the program

itunes doesnt have indian or other culure music

there are many other threads on this site about p2p  sharing programs

i dont see anyone else shutting those down

View Post

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

The legality of downloading music has nothing to do with if you pay for the P2P program, but if you are paying for the copyright to download and listen to the music in question

gust0208, thanks for clarifying what i was trying to say.

At this page, you can see a list of sites that you can legally download music from. Since its a RIAA page, I cannot see any problem arising from using those sites.