Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

only have 16 color

• Please log in to reply

audgera

audgera

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently restored a compaq presario, and now my colors are gone! It is like it is running in safe mode. The error that keeps popping up says "your display adapter is not configured properly. I do as it says to do and it still doesn't fix the problem. Please Help!!!!! confused1.gif

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
check to make sure that the right driver for your video card is installed you can go to compaq web site to make sure you have the most updated driver if your not sure how to do this please post back with the model # of your pc and I will post a link to the drivers you need to download and install
:tazz:

audgera

audgera

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did do that for the driver, I even called compaq. They have had me do numerous things and nothing has worked. :tazz: I have gotten so aggravated that I have quit for today and told my friend I would come over in the morning and go at it again. Any help would be highly apprecciated!! Thank you for your reply if you have anymore ideas please let me know. ;)