Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware madness

• Please log in to reply

fischmann

fischmann

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
is there any way to stop them from getting on my computer because whenever i do a scan my programms find a whole heap of them and its only been about a week or a couple of days since the last scan :) :tazz:

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
First thing first, did you even try google?

This is a decent security setup on a windows box, imo:

Firefox (configured right)
Thunderbird
Spybot S&D
Ad-Aware
Hijack this
AVG free
A good firewall, such as black ice or zone alarm.
And limited running services

Now even with that, you have to be aware. You can still manually install malware. After all, you are your biggest vulnerability .

fischmann

fischmann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
i use sygate pro avg pro and a whole heaps of anti spyware programms

fischmann

fischmann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
how do i configure mozilla fire fox

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there fischmann :)

you ask how to keep your PC clean after recovering from infection. Well the first thing that springs to mind is to follow the advice that Kat gave you when she cleaned your PC up earlier this month, or maybe you did. I cant tell, because when you posted again in malware 5 days later that you still had problems, you didnt post a HJT log, so I cannot tell WHAT is going on.

The two most common reasons a user finds that they are continually getting reinfected, are

1- Not following the advice on prevention given by the Helper after cleaning your PC through HJT

2- Spyware remaining on the system undetected originally.

That said, you are obviously still having problems here, so please start a new topic in the malware forum. Posta new HJT log there and I will pick it up for you. OK? :tazz:

UKBiker