Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

building a pc

• Please log in to reply

fioreskater

fioreskater

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
ok i bought a new motherboard processor ram hard drive and a psu which isnt new

now is there any tips i can use? i dont wanna plug this all in and have it burnt out any precautions i can take?

Advertisements

Gothos

Gothos

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi (or high) ... :tazz:

Welcome to Geeks to Go. I will see if I can answer any concerns that you may have.

I guess the (numerous) question is this:

The system board is an atx (presumed)
(Yes ..... there is a way to tell... iffin ya'll waan know feel free to ask......)

Is the RAM ya'll plugged in compatible with the chip set on the system board?

(Most people don't think about that .... kinda like throwing a Ford engine against a Chevy transmission)

Hard drives is a kinda no brainer .... the hard drive is all the "passengers" in the vehicle ya'll try'n to start. The hard drive will be a later issue...... let's just get the engine "started".

BIOs systems will no allow a "burnout" unless you have a physical issue....so no woories there ... you just get a series of "beep codes" if the BIOS don't like what cha'll doing... :-)

Edited by Gothos, 29 August 2005 - 06:55 PM.

fioreskater

fioreskater

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
ya i did my research everything is compitable im just worried when i put it all together that something will go wrong

fioreskater

fioreskater

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
oh great thanks mate

Gothos

Gothos

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Okies .... system built... cable orintation correct....HD in place as well as the HD... and (never did said dis ... :tazz: ) CD rom in and configured in reference to the hard drive.

Know what I say ....

"Manufactures faiures are within 2 hrs ... to 90days but we uphold the 1 year warranty"

I say fire that bad boy up and post yer results to us....:-)