Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer Issues

• Please log in to reply

zsappf

zsappf

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I changed my hardrive out, and now I am having trouble with my USB devices. The drivers won't install, instead I get this message:

There was a problem installing this hardware psc 1200 series; An error occured during the installation of the device; The data is invalid."

Please help :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Remove the USB leads and reboot then just plug the printer in, check if the drivers need to be on before you connect the printer

Try getting the drivers and software here

http://h20180.www2.h..._query=psc 1200

zsappf

zsappf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I get the same error with the downloaded software as I do with the wizard. I have the disk too....same result. :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
lick start then my computer, view system information, hardware, device manager

Click + next to Universal Serial Bus Controller, right click each entry here then click delete, confirm delete but wait to reboot until you have removed them all

Reboot and Windows will re-install the drivers

Have you installed SP2 and other updates

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us