Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Swat 4 with radeon 9550

• Please log in to reply

ToXiC11

ToXiC11

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My swat 4 is running slow in terms of frame rate. I get anywhere around 10-40 fps on medium quality 800x600. My video card is a radeon 9550 256mb. My friend has the same settings as me but he has a geforce 4 mx 400 64mb video card and he gets 60 fps. Why is a geforce 4 64mb getting more fps than my radeon 9550. We both have the same amount of ram and same cpu (512mb ddr and Athlon XP 3000 at 2.1ghz)

BTW: My radeon 9550 is overclocked to (325/200)

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Because Swat 4 is mostly best on Nvidia Cards than ATI , And Nvidia Are better than ATI at some games and ATI are better at some games than Nvidia maybe it ran so because u overclocked who knows
:) :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nvidia dude that isnt why, when a game is optimised for a manufacturer the advantage in performance is ony 1-2 fps usually.

How does it perform at higher res and settings, get the latest 5.8 catalyst drivers and the .net framework(download and reinstall this to make sure). Does this lack of performance occur in other games or just swat 4, it is possible there is corruption somewhere in the game, although i think your friend isnt playing with the same settings he has a lower version of direct x and no shader models where you are running the game with the advanced effects he isnt, some games will lower there own settings automatically to preserve fps if it isnt on a powerful enough gfx card.

Edited by warriorscot, 30 August 2005 - 04:00 AM.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
ok smart-[bleep]