Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Saving Hijack

• Please log in to reply

woodman

woodman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi gang,

Please excuse my ignorance. I'm not a software or computer expert by any means. I recently had problems. Found Adaware and it fixed me up. Has been using Spybot only. Also tried HiJack and liked it although I did not see a way to permanently save it to my machine. I right-clicked on everything in sight but saw no provision for saving it to a file or creating a shortcut to a desktop icon ect... I finally closed it and so it disappeared....don't see it anywhere in my PROGRAMS, Accessories ect...

I use Win 2000 Pro. If I need to download it again....what do I do to save it? When and how? Thanks mucho! Woody

Advertisements

woodman

woodman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thinking back I guess I know what to do or try. When first doing the download, you get a dialog box to select a choice for proceding. I picked OPEN. I remember that SAVE was one of the choices. I guess you have to SAVE it first to be able to retain it on your machine.... then run it later.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Please follow the instructions here:
http://home.planet.n...xplanation.html

Regards,

Pieter