Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Photo Story 3

• Please log in to reply

Fid

Fid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In order to burn to DVD, is it necessary to buy Sony DVD , or is possible to download a freeby to do the job?

Am I right in thinking that not all DVD players can handle DVD's burnt on a computer?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
There are plenty of free DVD burning programs out there. Check them out here:

http://www.snapfiles...m/fwcdburn.html

Find one that works for you, I recommend CDBurnerXP Pro, but if it doesn't work for you or if it doesn't have enough features for you, there are plenty of others to choose from. They all have ratings and descriptions to help you decide.

Computer-burned DVDs will work on players that were made to read them. I don't think there are any new players that can't read computer-burned DVDs. I could be wrong though. It also depends on the burning program you are using, which may mean that you will have to buy the Sony DVD burning program. The burning program will have to convert the data that you are writing so that it can be read by players. Experiment with these burning programs if you like, but if you don't wanna waste any DVDs, go ahead and get the Sony DVD burning program.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 30 August 2005 - 11:17 AM.

Fid

Fid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help computerwiz :tazz: