Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Speakers Arnt Working

• Please log in to reply

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
I just currently figured out my speakers arnt working.. i checked and they were plugged in right and the mute is not on... wat is wrong? :tazz:

Advertisements

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Would you give more info? Were they working and just stopped, or did they stop after you changed something? Did you check your sound level sliders (probably since you checked the muting)?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
well... i used to watch dvd's on my computer alot.. but then since school started i really didnt have time... then on my computer i had a system recovery ( like 3 mothns ago) ... then yesterday i had time to watch a dvd and the sound didnt work.. i guess i never noticed it but, since i got the system recovery my sound might of never worked..

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Are you using your motherboard's sound or a sound card?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i have speakers?? wat is a motherboard's sound or a sound card?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
is it possible 2 have a virus from ur speakers? maybe thats y they wont work?

Zamuel

Zamuel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I don’t believe it is possible to have a virus on your speakers :tazz: . Maybe something could affect the soundcard(Runs sound) But I doubt it.

Is your pc a hp/compaq/ibm or something like that? or did you get it built or buy it from a computer store? If so list the manufacture and model number

Can you try this for me?
Start --> Control Panel --> System --> Hardware Tab --> Device Manager.

In Device manager there should be a list of components. There should be one like Sound, Video and game controllers or something like that, something to do with audio would be good.
Double click the "Sound, Video and game controllers" or something to that extent, a drop down menu will appear listing all of your sound, video and game controllers.
*Example* My computer says "C-Media AC97 Audio Device"
Once you got something like that post it and I can try and find you the right drivers. Sometimes system restores screws your sound "I have had this problem".

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
awesome! lol.. im have and HP pc.. i did the drop down menu thingie and it said Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media control devices, Vtimedia Audio Controller ( there is a little speaker by each one.. this one has, unlike the others, and exclamation point by it), lastly there is Video Codesc....

Zamuel

Zamuel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am only guessing you dont have the drivers for it or it isnt installed...
Try This :tazz:
Right click the one with the exclamation point and select Install Hardware (or something to that extent).....

I will get back with some drivers etc etc, I am very busy at the moment.

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
it dosnt have anyhitng like install hardware.. or anything close... all it has is"update driver,uninstall,disable,scan for hardware changes, and properties

Advertisements

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Try update driver and have it look for it automatically. Did that work?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
it wont work.. it just freezes??? and then i went to look to make sure of some things in control panel and when i clicked on the volume tab it said i had no sound device?? weird

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
What is the exact model name and/or number of your HP?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i have an hp pavilion f50.. is that wat u mean?

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Did it come with a restore disk? If not, what OS are you using--Win 98, WinXP, etc.? The F50 seems to be a monitor--is it flat?

Edited by Julio, 21 December 2004 - 02:29 PM.