Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Speakers Arnt Working

• Please log in to reply

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
oo.. lol.. ya it is my moniter and ya it is flat.. im usin a windowsxp home edition.. i dont kno if it came with a restore disk... if it did i probably lost it.. :tazz:

Advertisements

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I really need to know you're COMPUTER MDEL, then. :tazz:

Also, if it WAS a restore disk rather than just a WinXP disk, you need to contact HP about getting a new one, anyway. You'll need it sometime.

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
ok.. where do u find the MDEL?

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
:tazz: OOPS! I meant "model."

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
sorry.. im dumb.. where do u find that... ?

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
It should be right on the front. If not, check the back. Look for something like HP Pavilion XXX (I think it's a Pavilion, right? If not, whatever follows the HP, and the XXX's represent a number that should be there, too).

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
On the front of my CPU it says HP Pavilion 743c.. but i looked on the back of my CPU and it said HP Pavilion 700... im not sure which one is correct.. :tazz:

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Go ro where you got the explanation point, double-click that line. Now, select uninstall driver. Go to http://h10025.www1.h...8&dlc=en&os=228 and download the first driver--it's for Realteck AC '97 Audio Driver Update. Run the program. See if it works. If not, try restaring.

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
OOPS:

Go to where you got the exclamation point, double-click that line. Now, select uninstall driver. Go to http://h10025.www1.h...8&dlc=en&os=228 and download the first driver--it's for Realteck AC '97 Audio Driver Update. Run the program. See if it works. If not, try restaring.

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
i went to the page and clicked on "united States".. then it said that the page was temporarily unavaliable..???

Advertisements

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
wait... nevermind.. i tried it again and it worked!! :tazz:

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
Do i use this one.... "Automatically install this software (Internet Explorer only):" ... or.. this one "SP26412.exe 1/1 (10.96M)"?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
and.. how do u log onto ur PC as an administrator?

VirusGirl123

VirusGirl123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
ok.... i got 2 the end of the installation and it said that it didnt pass some test and it may effect my computer in the future or immediatly.. the it said install anyway or STOP now... i pressed install anyway.. then 2 little boxes came up later saying "click yes or no for this product to overwrite the newer one already installed on your PC.. i pressed yes... i probably screwed it up.... hopefully not... im finishing installing now.. ill post back wen it is completly finished

Julio

Julio

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
You should be OK.