Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looks Suspicious, Very Suspicious ! ! !

• Please log in to reply

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hello There,

I have recently been looking at my firewall logs and it seems as though there is a lot of traffic even when I am not active on the computer. :)

I know this is normal but this is beyond because it happens even when my MSN, Antivirus and Microsoft Arent Active. :ph34r:

I have seen many ad.doubleclick.net and fastclick.net entries and many other Suspicious looking entries and I mean a lot ! :tazz:

I have checked my HijackThis at many different forums and It seems fine and I have also done Virus, Trojan tests and it seems clean. However When I do A Spyware Check I Have webtrendslive according to Spybot and AdAware and It Keeps Coming Back Even When I remove It. :)

I Have been asked by a member of staff here previously to check my firewall ( Sygate ) and It seems to be doing its job protecting NETBIOS etc. :ph34r:

However It dosnt seem to block these ad.doubleclick fastclick webtrendslive it allows it for some strange reason. :)

If There Is Anyone Here That Can Help Me With This Situation Then I Would be most Grateful. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download 1,2,4,5 and 6

http://www.filehippo...re/antispyware/

Update them and run

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I have all of those they dont seem to remove it Spybot and AdAware remove it then it comes back after a reboot.

Microsoft Cant find it !

HijackThis Logs there is nothing wrong with it according to spyware experts because it seems as though the infection is not on HijackThis.

SpywareBlaster I have running to stop further infection.

:tazz: :)

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Which Firewall do you use?
RockyIV

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot to safe mode and run Spybot and Adaware.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I use Sygate Firewall.

I have booted into safe mode previously to run these tools but they still come back !

Thanks For Helping Me in This Matter :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there

As the tools you are using arent getting rid of the infection, it would be best if you were to start a new topic in the malware forum with a new HJT log so we can see what else is hiding in there.

UKBiker

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I have previously started a HJT log and Well they all seem to have not worked because when someone takes a look at it it seems to be clean ! :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there

well if the log is clean, but you are still havin problems, it just means that we have to dig a bit deeper. post a loig in a new topic and lets get on with it.

UKBiker