Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More memory

• Please log in to reply

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I already have 2 x 512 sticks of pqi memory but i have been reading other posts and this seems to be off brand memory(pqi) http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820141212

Now if i got two more sticks of corsair or OCZ could i run those in dual channel mode too like the twin sticks of pqi?

Lion

Advertisements

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
You really don't need to switch unless you are having problems with your current RAM.

But yes, you can buy a dual channel kit of Corsair or OCZ.

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
i wouldnt switch i would leave my old stuff in there too would that be a problem

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It shouldnt be a problem but the ram might be forced to run at a slower speed you should read your manual, pay attention to the section with the ram configuration tables.

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
could i have them both run in dual channel mode i think i could but i dont wanna buy them and not be able to. like i would set them up like this (n =new sticks o=old) no no

Lion

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well your manual should have it written in it, i dont have your motherbaord manual there should be a section on the subject in the manual.

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
alright so if that set up is in the manuel it will work i take it then thanx cuz it is in the manual i dunno i aint complainin right now maybe when i have a lil extra cash

Lion