Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Remote Desktop

• Please log in to reply

R_B

R_B

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have XP on my home PC and Windows 2000 on my work PC. I want to connect to my work PC from home. I have the VPN connection establshed and can connect to other PCs running XP with Remote Desktop Connection. I cannot connect to my PC running 2000. I get the following message "Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections." Is there something that needs to be set up on my work PC? Is this even possible to do using Remote Desktop Connection? Is there another tool I can use if it is not possible?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
As a first step, you need to install the xp remote desktop client on the 2000 machine

http://www.microsoft...rdclientdl.mspx

Cryptie

Cryptie

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
If the work machine is only 2000 Professional it will have no built in Remote Desktop capabilities like XP Pro does. You would have to have a Server version of 2000 in order for that to work. Upgrading it to XP Pro would be alot easier and cheaper.

Edited by Cryptie, 03 September 2005 - 10:04 AM.