Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hidden partition

• Please log in to reply

fab4

fab4

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hey,

I'm posting this question for a friend of me.
He boucht a new pc with XP on it. But once his sytem chrased and he had to reset it.
Now his XP will not start any more and it goes directly to dos.
He has been surching for recovery CDs but they wore not included with the pc. he rang the store and they told him the recovery CDs are on a hidden partition on his HD.
But now we have problems to find that hidden partition. If the partition is hidden, how can it be made unhidden,so you can acces it. :tazz:
Is there any one with experience in this area? ;)

Fabien

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Try holding down the F11 while booting.

fab4

fab4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Nop the F11 methode is not working.
Is it possible to install partition magic from DOS and make the partition visible with it? :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts

Is it possible to install partition magic from DOS and make the partition visible with it?

More than likely, but why not contact the store and have them tell you how to access the partition at bootup?

fab4

fab4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I just fund out the people told him also to use F11 with bootup. That always works they sayed. :tazz:

He has onely waranty on the hardware. So If he wants it to be fixed by the people of the store, they bill him for it.