Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suddenly unable to connect in wired network

• Please log in to reply

dboundscpa

dboundscpa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Winbook laptop. I have had no problems connecting via wireless or wired connections until yesterday. Yesterday, it became impossible to connect to a network via a wired connection. My wireless connectivity is still fine. In checking the properties of the wired connection, I see that it is set for DHCP. I also see that my machine is sending but not receiving packets.

The last time the machine was connected to a network was on Friday and it was fine then. Any ideas?????

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have you tried resetting the router? Sometimes just doing that will fix connection issues.

dboundscpa

dboundscpa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried that. In fact, I have tried it on 2 different networks. No luck. I've also done a system restore to last Friday, when I know it was working and I've run a virus scan on it to make sure I had no problems there. No luck.

Thanks for the idea, though. I appreciate any more ideas as well.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You said it was set for dhcp but it it getting an ip? right click on the icon in the bottom right and click status, is there a gateway assigned? an ip? if so open a command prompt and try to ping the gateway, is it succesful?

find your network adapter in the Device Manager, is it enabled and working?

Edited by todd333, 02 September 2005 - 09:44 AM.