Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Home and IE problem

• Please log in to reply

Nocturnal

Nocturnal

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Any idea what this might be? I had a computer infested with WinFixer and Aurora and many other spyware. I cleaned them out, had them all out, then when I booted into regular mode from safe mode I experienced an error saying “Internet Explorer has encountered and error and must close.” In Event Viewer there was a notice within the application area. It said that gcdmedia.exe had caused a fault in “.” And then the addresses of whatever. Now there was nothing in the startup and I even used System Internal’s Process Manager and could not find the specified .exe. I checked the registry and searched it for gcdmedia.exe and found one notice and deleted it. I’m at a lost, right now I’m just reinstalling Windows but I’d like to know why this was happening and how it was happening since there was no gcdmedia.exe file on the computer and it was causing IE to error out constantly.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi Nocturnal,

Welcome to Geeks to Go,

Please click HERE and follow the instustions