Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC problem...

• Please log in to reply

locsta408

locsta408

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So last night my computer decides to die on me =/ out of nowhere it turned off i thought i kicked the powercord or somthing, so i check it out make sure nothings unplugged and try turning it on again.....it turned on for about 5 seconds fans and lights turned on then bam it turns off again.

the front power button stopped working after the first time i tried turning it back on. THe only way it starts now is from the switch in the back (I/O) but still it only lasts for about 5-6 seconds then turns off again.

this morning i got a new PSU (400watts) but still only lasts for about 5 secs until it turns off again....anyone have any ideas of what to do?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Open the case and check the CPU fan.. Sounds like it may have quit and your CPU is shutting down to prevent destructive overheating..

Murray

locsta408

locsta408

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey thanks,

well i opened up the case and when it does turn on for the 5 secs or so the fan spins. any other ideas of what could fix it?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Are you getting any POST beeps??

Murray