Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing host from Invision Power Board?

• Please log in to reply

OCman

OCman

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I had a situation today with IPS and I'm in the process of looking for a new host, if I can find one with the same amount of support. They host the board and maintain it and have decent tech support (support tickets). Is there another host around with the same quality of service? I'm also looking for CPanel.

What happened was this attorney made a idle threat about one of the posts on my board to IPS themselves, after he made several to me, which I found completely baseless and unfounded. IPS suspended my account and I was livid and they reinstated it within an hour.

The bottom line is they didn't ever check the validity of the threat and this worries me very much. Also they never informed me of any previous complaints. I'm very busy and I need someone like IPB to maintain the site for me.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Edited by OCman, 30 August 2005 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements