Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Norton Protected Recycle Bin

• Please log in to reply

canders7

canders7

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi all.

Just a quick (and probably dumb) question.

I have Norton System Works. I want to find out about whats the deal with Norton changing my regular recycle bin into a "Norton Protected Recycle Bin" and whats the difference, because theres new options when I right-click on the recycle bin icon. (ie. UnErase Wizard, Empty Norton Protected Files, and the standard Empty recycle bin)

Anyone willing to tell me whats the deal with all that? It doesnt mention anything like that in the Norton helpful handbook included in the SystemWorks package.

Thanks for reading my post :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The answer is that when the system deletes a file, the Norton protecton will save the files just in case you need to restore it at a later date (which most likely you will never do). So on all computers that I ever touch I turn it off, it is just a waste of disk space. If you right click the recling bin and click proerties you can trun it off it in the tab called "Norton Protectected Recylcle Bin" and you untick the first box, you can also rename it too. I think that that is how I do it any way, Norton Antivirus dose not work on my computer any more becase it is not a good program.

EDIT: make sure that you empty it first!!

Edited by Michael Buckley, 02 September 2005 - 05:33 PM.