Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

operating system problem

• Please log in to reply

spell128

spell128

• Pip
  • 9 posts
pls help me
my pc has one partition with 2 windows operating system in it.when i boot my pc,the computer prompts me to choose between 2 windows xp.how can i remove one?
previously,my windows cannot boot with a grub message.so,i install windows xp home edition in the same partition to enable it to boot.pls help me..teach me how to remove one operating system.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Interesting question someone, would reformatting that partition work while one is in the other os, imagining he would like to keep the XP, would he do the following:

Press the "windows botton" with the "R" botton (brings up command bar)
Type in the command bar: diskmgmt.msc (brings up the disk management window)
Format the partition one doesn't want

Ah but there are two problems to this idea he would lose everything in that partition, and have an unused partition. So I imagine he would have to use Patition Magic then, or is there another way?

spell128

spell128

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i faced the same problem last time when again did the same thing.but i tried deleting the windows that i used for booting and my operating system cant boot later.i have tried to repair the windows before actually installing the windows home edition to act as a booting purpose.but unfortunately,my windows still cannot boot.i wanted to keep my data.i don wan to loose my data cause it is very important me.can you professional guys suggest a way for me to solve this problem?and if i really face this problem again,is there better alternatives on solving this kind of problem?i thank you guys in advance..