Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Drive and RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

mpy

mpy

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

If the drives are now unable to read anything one wonders how one would be able to burn anything.

I think the drives can still read blank discs, just not the game cds he was talking about

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

My problem is both my DVD and RW  - most of the time these drives simply will not recognized that there is a disk in the drive.  One time I can playa game, the next time I cannot.  It gets very confusing and frustrating. 

View Post

I think that your DVD and CD-RW might be on its way out.

You might need to buy a new one.

mpy

mpy

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I don't think that's true Tony.. :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
A bit more info please:
Do you have a combo(one drive that does both DVD and CDburning) or two seperate drives making it unlikely to be hardware ware per se?
Does the CD drive recognise any or all the CDs placed in it regardless of type?
Is it the one game or certain games?
Has it worked propaly for a while but now doesn't?
Have you tried pressing shift while putting in the CD into the drive so as to cut off the auto start?
Is the ative X blocked as in service pack 2 permision?

Post back, good luck. :tazz:

Edited by fleamailman, 02 September 2005 - 04:53 AM.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Drives are separate not a combo.
On occasion CD Rom drive will recognize ALL disks and then not recognize any.
It has happened in past but just on some games - now it is happening all the time on ALL disks - games and software.
Will try the shift key when putting in disk in CD DRive to see what happens.
Active X blocked re service pack 2 - where would I check that?

Metal God

Metal God

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
o plz illegal or legal, since when did people start caring about piracy, all of u download, if u bought a game i say u have the right to make a copy of it, just incase something happens to the original, doesnt matter what the law says, they just put that in so the companies can squeeze money out of u

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

o plz illegal or legal, since when did people start caring about piracy, all of u download, if u bought a game i say u have the right to make a copy of it, just incase something happens to the original, doesnt matter what the law says, they just put that in so the companies can squeeze money out of u

View Post

Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this forum

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts

View Post

Please read the Terms and Conditions of using this forum

Legally, you do have a right to make a backup for yourself. Just not others...

Let's try to get back on topic though.

Edited by OwNt, 03 September 2005 - 12:13 AM.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Yes, would like that - still concerned about my DVD Rom which one time will play any disk; the next time refuses to recognize there is a disk in the drive.