Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WIRELESS THEFT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
If I am sitting in the privacy of my own home, with my own laptop and I obtain access by merely connectining to a wireless broadcast, for no other uses than internet access....

1) AM I STEALING......

2) OR AM I USING A SERVICE LEGALLY THAT HAS BEEN BROADCASTED INTO MY OWN HOME???

3) OR SOME OTHER OPINION...

If I am sitting in the privacy of my own home, with my own laptop and I maliciously disable a Secured wireless broadcast, for internet access only....

1) AM I STEALING......

2) OR AM I USING A SERVICE LEGALLY THAT HAS BEEN BROADCASTED INTO MY OWN HOME???

3) OR SOME OTHER OPINION...

Not looking for current state statutes or federal regulations/codes.... Just your opinion.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Even if you are asking a hypothetical question for debating purposes....what you are suggesting IS illegal. I am closing this topic, as I know from past experience it will deteriorate very very quickly.