Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SPYWARE/ADWARE [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Is there 1 program out there that you can have running at all times that will
prevent SPYWARE,ADWARE and TROJAN HORSE virus's from getting on your computer. I am using NET COP but still got SPYWARE installed on my computer and a TROJAN VIRUS(spyware related) instaled on my computer.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by chimchim, 15 March 2004 - 02:56 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Norton Antivirus 2004 is the only one I know of, but it's only fair at detecting and removing spyware, and doesn't prevent it from installing.

We usually recommend AVG antivirus (becasue its free), IESpyad and Spyware Blaster. Run Spybot every week or two (see the Spyware Tools link in my sig).

Another way to avoid most spyware from installing on your system is to ditch Internet Explorer for an alternative browser like FireFox (its what I use most of the time). If you're paranoid, also disable all Java and ActiveX scripting.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.