Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explain

• Please log in to reply

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
:) Well Earlier I was doing a test to see how secure my firewall is and the following message came up

It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Can someone please explain this a little clearer I get the overview but not the part about the Servers.

Thanks For Your Help :tazz:

Advertisements

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
What Firewall are you running, and where did the message come from? (How did you test your security?)

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I am running Sygate Firewall and I got this message from when I was doing a online test to see how strong my firewall is.

I think it was from a computing security research centre.

Thanks for your help do you have any ideas ? :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nuwolf that's a message from "shields up". i think that message is about the handy dandy backend web interface for windows tech support to crawl around your machine...but i'm not 100% sure....i am a lil confused about that messae on shields up as well

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
i tried searching it but i came up with a whole load of DNS Servers stuff and DCHP.