Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help with hd stop closing my posts!

• Please log in to reply

fioreskater

fioreskater

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
i just finished building a new pc everything is working fine but windows wont load

im useing a 60 gb western hard drive and when installing it on my old compaq it booted windows fine but with my new mobo which is a pcchips m851g when it goes past the bios/memory check everything seems fine then it just has a blinking _ on the top left corner of the screen and does nothing why wont windows boot?
also trying a clean xp install it does the same thing

I AM NOT USING A PIRATED WINDOWS COPY I HAVE OFFICALY BOUGHT IT

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You bought a new copy since yesterday? Well that's great to know!! :tazz:

*Please go to http://www.howtotell.com (Microsoft website) using Internet Explorer.
*Click on "Windows Validation Assistant"
*Click on the "Validate Now" button.
*Be patient while the ActiveX loads, do not click on any links.
*Read the instructions on this page while it's loading. You will be prompted to install - click YES.
*Enter your product key then click "continue"
*When it says "Validation Complete" please click "Continue to return to your previous activity"
*Copy what it says and paste it here.

fioreskater

fioreskater

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
oh i tried it wont let me im using windows me right now which was preinstalled when i got my puter

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
A legitimate copy of XP is self-installing.. Your continued "XP won't load" is a definitive indication you are still trying to install a bootlegged copy..

BTW.. The validation will work for WinME also.. Follow ~Kats~ post and show us what it says for your ME install !!

oh i tried it wont let me im using windows me right now which was preinstalled when i got my puter

View Post

Murray